[QGIS-Developer] QGIS 3.8.0 on FreeBSD: build takes several hours

Rainer Hurling rhurlin at gwdg.de
Mon Jun 24 04:33:05 PDT 2019

Am 24.06.19 um 13:02 schrieb Nyall Dawson:
> On Mon, 24 Jun 2019 at 20:48, Rainer Hurling <rhurlin at gwdg.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Nyall,

>>> Hmm - perplexing. Most of that commit should be ifdefed out for proj <
>>> 6 builds. I wonder if you tried trimming the contents of
>>> qgscoordinatereferencesystem_legacy.h to just a couple of sample lines
>>> as a test? Maybe there's something in the compiler which doesn't like
>>> the large static QMap...
>>>
>>> Nyall
>>>

>> Many thanks for your response.
>>
>> After trimming the contents of qgscoordinatereferencesystem_legacy.h
>> (about 10 lines left), it builds in a normal time again.
>>
>> So it is likely, that the problem on FreeBSD has something to do with
>> its compiler suite? I am using FreeBSD clang version 8.0.1
>> (branches/release_80 363030) (based on LLVM 8.0.1).
>>
>> Is there any workaround, which lets me use the whole contents again?
>
> You could try swapping the QMap for a std::unordered_map and see if
> there's any benefit.
>
> Nyall

I am afraid I have no clue how to do this, because I am not a c++ coder.

Is it within qgscoordinatereferencesystem_legacy.h
(sAuthIdToQgisSrsIdMap?) or better in qgscoordinatereferencesystem.cpp
(at lines:386-405?).

As I said in my initial posting, the build duration problem exists on
both, proj 5.1.0 and 6.1.0 on FreeBSD ...

Rainer