[QGIS-Developer] Global settings in QGIS-Server

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 08:21:52 PDT 2019

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 3:40 PM Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the context of evaluating the benefit (or not) of geometry
> simplification, triggered by the findings of Oslandia (
> https://oslandia.com/en/2019/06/21/qgis-3-and-performance-analysis/) I
> wonder how one enables simplification in QGIS server?
>
> On QGIS Desktop, it is a global setting per each user profile. How do I
> enable this setting in QGIS-Server? Do I need to specify an .ini-File with
> the "QGIS_OPTIONS_PATH" variable?

The global settings are not available for the server (and they are not
needed), but you can use  QGIS_OPTIONS_PATH to define a full path to an
ini-file with your own settings for the server, the format is the same of
the Desktop settings, meaning you can just define you settings using a
(possibly clean) profile in the desktop and copy them (the file QGIS3.ini)
to the server.

Kind regards

If yes, how do I create such an ini-file? Do you have an example?

> I had a look at
> https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_ogc/server/config.html#advanced-configuration but
> couldn't find how I would do this.
>
> Thanks for your help!