[QGIS-Developer] Vagrant file for QGIS-Django

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Mar 8 08:32:25 PST 2019

Hi Gents,

Nathan, other then the Github repo and trying to run the available
docker I do not have so much superpowers (other then I could get into
the container for you and get the stuff out).

What we were discussing during this hackfest (after some issues with
availability of plugins.qgis.org) is to actually get a dedicated server
for plugins.qgis.org.
And because (we think) more people could maybe develop/look into the
Django app we think about just deploy it as a wgsi-app working with a
local Postgresql db (so no more docker). Maybe on a cloud server, so
creating snapshots will then give us easy backups.

This would hopefully open the door for other people to dive into the
QGIS-Django app, for example to upgrade it to work with python3 and a
newer version of Django (we now get a 'moderate' security warning on
github [0])

We have to discuss this further.

Regards,

Richard