[QGIS-Developer] Qgis has just vanished

Jorge Gustavo Rocha jgr at di.uminho.pt
Mon Mar 11 02:41:10 PDT 2019

Hi Shane,

Your question is not related with QGIS development. You should post it
to QGIS-user list. On that list you mighty have better support.

QGIS did not vanish. It does not install because you have broken
packages, right? You have to fix that before installing QGIS or any
other application.

Please google: ubuntu broken packages

Usually that can be solved simple by doing: sudo apt install -f

Check the repository you are using. It should be:

deb https://qgis.org/ubuntu bionic main
deb-src https://qgis.org/ubuntu bionic main

Fix the broken packages, check the repository you are using and report back.

Regards,

Jorge Gustavo

Às 08:00 de 11/03/19, Shane Carey escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> Qgis has just vanished from my machine and I've no idea why? I tried to
> do a re-install and I keep getting:
>
> |E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
>

> |Any ideas on what is going on here? I am on ubuntu 18.04
> |

> |Thanks
> |

> Le gach dea ghui,
> */Shane Carey/*
> */GIS and Data Solutions Consultant/*