[QGIS-Developer] Translation of QGIS ltr and QGIS master

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 08:24:40 PDT 2019

Hi S.,

This is a valid issue that also bothers me for a long time (and I think is
not coherent with the LTR status).
And Jürgen Fischer recently pushed a PR that gives me some hope: see
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/9331 (basically, they are commands that
help to backport transifex translations to elder releases). I quickly gave
it a try but the result did not satisfy me and wanted to do more tests
before reporting anything and bothering Jürgen with beginner's problem. If
you want to give it a try... And maybe, instead of running that only for
german, we could run it for all the languages.

I also opened https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Website/issues/592 few weeks
ago, asking for a place where we could explain how LTR can be translated
more than only the few weeks preceeding its .0 release.

Regards,
Harrissou