[QGIS-Developer] Why is .qgz the default format?

Rémi Bovard remi.bovard at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 07:14:15 PDT 2019

Hi all,

Matthias Kuhn 🌍 wrote
> Currently I'm inclined to prefer Andreas' proposal to have a
> (well-hidden advanced) setting to let power-users and admins switch the
> default format.

I would like to know if this possiblity of using a setting to set default
format has been implemented?

I'm currently planing to upgrade our 50+ QGIS 2.18 to QGIS 3.4 with a custom
QGIS3.ini and I really want to be able to set default project format to
*.qgs.

Like Andreas, sometimes I need to do some mass projects edits (currently we
have 150+) and it works well with a global `search and replace` with
Notepad++. The workaround proposed by Jorge Gustavo Rocha could be fine to
edit 1 file but not for a mass edit.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Rémi

--