[QGIS-Developer] Qgis 3.6.0 fail to read shapefile with python on buster

David Marteau dmarteau at 3liz.com
Tue Mar 26 10:38:36 PDT 2019

Hi Alessandro

No there is nothing at all in the logs.

I have used the same reduced snippet on qgis 3.4.5 (ltr) on Stretch and qgis 3.6.0 (release) on buster, using the same datasource:

```
import os
from qgis.core import QgsApplication, QgsVectorLayer

# prevent display not found error
os.environ['QT_QPA_PLATFORM'] = 'offscreen'

qgis_application = QgsApplication([], False )
layer = QgsVectorLayer('path/to/data')

layer.isValid() # Return True on 3.4.5/stretch, False on 3.6.0/buster whatever the data
```

If the release package has not been updated in the previous  24 h, I suspect that something has been broken on the buster distro.

Note that I'm able to load shapefile in python with ogr (gdal-python).