[QGIS-Developer] Qgis 3.6.0 fail to read shapefile with python on buster

David Marteau dmarteau at 3liz.com
Thu Mar 28 11:25:15 PDT 2019

Hi Alessandro

I have found the problem, qgis packaging on buster is totally broken: it mixes 3.6.0 and 3.6.1 dependencies

If you try to install  python-qgis you get the following packages installed:

ii  libqgis-3d3.6.0                         1:3.6.0+15buster            amd64        QGIS - shared 3d library
ii  libqgis-analysis3.6.0                   1:3.6.0+15buster            amd64        QGIS - shared analysis library
ii  libqgis-core3.6.0                       1:3.6.0+15buster            amd64        QGIS - shared core library
ii  libqgis-core3.6.1                       1:3.6.1+15buster            amd64        QGIS - shared core library
ii  libqgis-customwidgets                   1:3.6.1+15buster            amd64        QGIS custom widgets for Qt Designer
ii  libqgis-gui3.6.0                        1:3.6.0+15buster            amd64        QGIS - shared gui library
ii  libqgis-gui3.6.1                        1:3.6.1+15buster            amd64        QGIS - shared gui library
ii  libqgis-native3.6.0                     1:3.6.0+15buster            amd64        QGIS - shared native gui library
ii  libqgis-native3.6.1                     1:3.6.1+15buster            amd64        QGIS - shared native gui library
ii  libqgis-server3.6.0                     1:3.6.0+15buster            amd64        QGIS - shared server library
ii  libqgispython3.6.0                      1:3.6.0+15buster            amd64        QGIS - shared Python library
ii  python-qgis                             1:3.6.0+15buster            amd64        Python bindings to QGIS
ii  python-qgis-common                      1:3.6.0+15buster            all          Python bindings to QGIS - architecture-independent files

Packages are installed twice in both version 3.6.0 and 3.6.1 !!!!!

This lead to very unpredictible behavior when using qgis in python (simply not working or crashing randomly)

David,