[QGIS-Developer] Windows only version of a QGIS 2.18x plugin

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 05:36:25 PDT 2019

Hi,

12. Feb. 2019 02:44 Nathan Woodrow wrote:
> Personally I don't see any reason to not allow it in official repo and there is support for that here as IMO there
is nothing bad here and nothing should force people to work 100% on
all platforms all the time because that is
a hell of a lot of work that is hard even for skilled developers.

+1

But this discussion reminds me about an extension I'd like to propose:
As a user when searching and browsing for a plugin in QGIS extension
manager and on the website https://plugins.qgis.org/ , I'd like that
users be informed before hand about the dependencies and restrictions.

Actually Richard suggested already this to "add a big note in the
metadata.txt description that this plugin is only usable with vesper
and windows.". There are actually quite some plugins which require an
account to be usable.

So my suggestion is to add an optional field/entry/line in
metadata.txt called "Requirements" where dependencies and restrictions
are to be described. This entry would be mandatory if there exist such
requirements - and some dependencies and restrictions could
potentially even be validated automatically.

:Stefan