[QGIS-Developer] QPainter messages

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue May 7 23:43:47 PDT 2019

Hi,

I have a docker QGIS server container and I receive many thousands of
messages like the following in my docker log files:

QPainter::setPen: Painter not active
QPainter::drawPath: Painter not active
QPainter::begin: Paint device returned engine == 0, type: 3
QPainter::setRenderHint: Painter must be active to set rendering hints
QPainter::setBrush: Painter not active

This is followed by many lines like

Warning 1: Unable to find driver ECW to unload from GDAL_SKIP
environment variable.
Warning 1: Unable to find driver JP2ECW to unload from GDAL_SKIP
environment variable.
Warning 1: Unable to find driver ECW to unload from GDAL_SKIP
environment variable.

When I do "docker logs ..." I have to wait about 2 minutes until these
many QPainter messages ran through the terminal.

Are those QPainter messages something I need to worry about? If not,
could I silence them?

Thanks if you have any hints,

Andreas