[QGIS-Developer] Boundless Web App Builder and qgis2web - QGIS grant proposal possible

Tom Chadwin tom.chadwin at nnpa.org.uk
Wed May 8 01:42:20 PDT 2019

Hello all

As many of you know, qgis2web was built on top of Victor's work on his
previous plugin qgis-ol3. Victor went on to be the major developer of the
Boundless Web App Builder plugin (WAB). WAB exports to OpenLayers, while
qgis2web exports to OpenLayers or Leaflet.

With Boundless's change in focus (I hope it would be fair to describe this
as "away from QGIS"), I wonder if we can try to incorporate some of Web App
Builder's functionality into qgis2web. Victor and I are both keen for this
to take place, and it would certainly be a shame if all the amazing
functionality which Victor (and others) built into WAB were lost.

Would any dev/devs be interested in this as a possible QGIS grants proposal?
Victor and I are both happy to help guide contributors around the WAB and
qgis2web codebases and help in any way we can.

I don't think I'll put in such a proposal myself, so if anyone else is
interested, please do get in touch.

All the best

Tom

-----
Buy Pie Spy: Adventures in British pastry 2010-11 on Amazon
--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-Developer-f4099106.html