[QGIS-Developer] Boundless Web App Builder and qgis2web - QGIS grant proposal possible

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed May 8 02:01:32 PDT 2019

Hi Tom,

On 08/05/19 10:42, Tom Chadwin wrote:
> Hello all
>
> As many of you know, qgis2web was built on top of Victor's work on his
> previous plugin qgis-ol3. Victor went on to be the major developer of the
> Boundless Web App Builder plugin (WAB). WAB exports to OpenLayers, while
> qgis2web exports to OpenLayers or Leaflet.
>
> With Boundless's change in focus (I hope it would be fair to describe this
> as "away from QGIS"), I wonder if we can try to incorporate some of Web App
> Builder's functionality into qgis2web. Victor and I are both keen for this
> to take place, and it would certainly be a shame if all the amazing
> functionality which Victor (and others) built into WAB were lost.
>
> Would any dev/devs be interested in this as a possible QGIS grants proposal?
> Victor and I are both happy to help guide contributors around the WAB and
> qgis2web codebases and help in any way we can.
>
> I don't think I'll put in such a proposal myself, so if anyone else is
> interested, please do get in touch.

this would be most welcome by many people, I'm sure. However, our new
Grants will be focused, following the requests from QGIS users, on
polishing and improving rather than on new features.
This seems to me a good opportunity for a crowdfunding initiative.
Would you be interested in starting and coordinating it?
Cheers.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair: