[QGIS-Developer] Welcome Ismail Sunni for this year's GSoC

Ismail Sunni imajimatika at gmail.com
Wed May 8 02:22:34 PDT 2019

Thanks, Martin, Werner, Tim, Akbar, and Alessandro for the warm welcome.

Thanks also for the feedback from the community for the improvement of the
proposal. If you are interested, you can find it here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RcXiEyziQyGurqDGRBN3g-het33liVD81WFjv8qQlt8/edit?usp=sharing.
I will be mentored by Martin Dobias and Peter Petrik.

A little bit of introduction, my name is Ismail Sunni. I am from Indonesia
but currently, I am in Muenster, NRW, Germany for my master study on
Geospatial Technologies at the University of Muenster.

I have been working on QGIS since 2012, but mostly on the plugin
development (i.e. InaSAFE, stream feature extractor, and SG-Diagram
Downloader, http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/user/ismailsunni/admin). I also
work a little bit on the QGIS Server for GeoNode and GeoNode integration on
QGIS. All of them are done when I am working with Tim. Other than that, I
mostly with Python and Django. I have come to 2 QGIS hackfest in Nodebo
(2017) and A Coruna (2018), so probably I have met with some of you in
person :)

By joining the GSoC project for QGIS, hopefully, it will give me a chance
to learn more about 3D programming, QGIS 3D itself, and obviously more
about the QGIS community.

Best regards

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 8:26 AM Alessandro Pasotti <apasotti at gmail.com>
wrote:

> That's great news,
>
> Thank you Ismail and Martin for working on this!
>
> Happy coding :)
>

> On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 6:54 PM Martin Dobias <wonder.sk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> It is my pleasure to announce that this year's Google Summer of Code
>> program will include a project from Ismail Sunni to work on several
>> QGIS 3D improvements:
>> https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/projects/#5265985207009280
>>
>> Looking forward to having Ismail working on this project!
>>
>> Cheers
>> Martin

> Alessandro Pasotti
> w3:   www.itopen.it