[QGIS-Developer] Welcome Ismail Sunni for this year's GSoC

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Wed May 8 02:50:29 PDT 2019

For those like me who have been following 3D stuff closely, I have also been compiling a running wish list of things I wish I could do in 3D which I shared with Martin.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1efgDilOpw_mT1clZRi8er_5ZwW7ZVQB97gQqaot6xXs/edit?usp=sharing

It would be great if you add to my list so we can be ready for 5 years time when we only interact with QGIS via AR/VR :-)

Regards

Tim

> On 8 May 2019, at 10:22, Ismail Sunni <imajimatika at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks, Martin, Werner, Tim, Akbar, and Alessandro for the warm welcome.
>
> Thanks also for the feedback from the community for the improvement of the proposal. If you are interested, you can find it here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RcXiEyziQyGurqDGRBN3g-het33liVD81WFjv8qQlt8/edit?usp=sharing <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RcXiEyziQyGurqDGRBN3g-het33liVD81WFjv8qQlt8/edit?usp=sharing>. I will be mentored by Martin Dobias and Peter Petrik.
>
> A little bit of introduction, my name is Ismail Sunni. I am from Indonesia but currently, I am in Muenster, NRW, Germany for my master study on Geospatial Technologies at the University of Muenster.
>
> I have been working on QGIS since 2012, but mostly on the plugin development (i.e. InaSAFE, stream feature extractor, and SG-Diagram Downloader, http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/user/ismailsunni/admin <http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/user/ismailsunni/admin>). I also work a little bit on the QGIS Server for GeoNode and GeoNode integration on QGIS. All of them are done when I am working with Tim. Other than that, I mostly with Python and Django. I have come to 2 QGIS hackfest in Nodebo (2017) and A Coruna (2018), so probably I have met with some of you in person :)
>
> By joining the GSoC project for QGIS, hopefully, it will give me a chance to learn more about 3D programming, QGIS 3D itself, and obviously more about the QGIS community.
>
> Best regards
>

> On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 8:26 AM Alessandro Pasotti <apasotti at gmail.com <mailto:apasotti at gmail.com>> wrote:
> That's great news,
>
> Thank you Ismail and Martin for working on this!
>
> Happy coding :)
>

> On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 6:54 PM Martin Dobias <wonder.sk at gmail.com <mailto:wonder.sk at gmail.com>> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> It is my pleasure to announce that this year's Google Summer of Code
> program will include a project from Ismail Sunni to work on several
> QGIS 3D improvements:
> https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/projects/#5265985207009280 <https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/projects/#5265985207009280>
>
> Looking forward to having Ismail working on this project!
>
> Cheers
> Martin

> Alessandro Pasotti
> w3:   www.itopen.it <http://www.itopen.it/>_______________________________________________