[QGIS-Developer] adding vertices to digitize session via python

Jonas qgis at ag99.de
Thu May 9 03:55:14 PDT 2019

Hi,

is there a way to add vertices to the rubberband when the user currently
digitizes a feature via the python API?

For example when adding a line feature, the user has already created a
few vertices of a line via the rubber band. now i want to add the next
vertex of that rubber band via python. I do NOT want to end the users
action to create the feature, or add vertices to already existing features.

I think that would mean calling addVertex() on a
QgsMapToolCapture-object. However i cannot find a way to retrieve a
QgsMapToolCapture-object from the current mapTool.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Jonas