[QGIS-Developer] Trying to build with GDAL3/PROJ6, anybody successful?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu May 16 07:55:02 PDT 2019

On 16/05/2019 15.04, Even Rouault wrote:
> Richard,
>
> as I see /home/richard/bin/proj/lib/libinternalproj.so.15 , I assume you built
> PROJ with the -DPROJ_RENAME_SYMBOLS trick. So QGIS should also be built with
> this define set
>
> you might try adding the following to your ccmake invokation:
> -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS=-DPROJ_RENAME_SYMBOLS

YES, that does the trick, Thanks!
... though I do not fully understand :)

https://duif.net/temp/qgisgdal3.png

Thanks,

Richard

ps WFS3 client seems to partially work? Using:
<OGRVRTDataSource>
<OGRVRTLayer name="ahccd-stations">

<SrcDataSource>WFS3:https://geo.weather.gc.ca/geomet-beta/features</SrcDataSource>
    <SrcLayer>ahccd-stations</SrcLayer>
    <LayerSRS>WGS84</LayerSRS>
</OGRVRTLayer>
</OGRVRTDataSource>
It looks like QGIS is only request when zoomed in enough?
Sometimes features are 'hiding'?
Behaviour with attributetable is funny too.

I read the discussion with Nyall about being able to log requests fired
by GDAL (as provider in QGIS), would be very valuable in cases like this?