[QGIS-Developer] Request for a Github Webhook

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat May 18 04:20:28 PDT 2019

On 18/05/2019 04.28, Joshua wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I started an unofficial QGIS Discord server and would like one of our
> channels to have a live feed of Github commits. A webhook would have to
> be set up by a QGIS github admin. Is this possible?
>
> I can provide the Discord webhook in a direct email or Slack DM to the
> admin who will need it.
>
> The discord server is at: https://discord.gg/9eA7P6U

Hi Joshua,

You can sent me the url (richard at qgis.org), but maybe we first have to
discuss here a little what would be the benefit (for us as QGIS community).

I'm not familiar with Discord, but Wikipedia tells me:
"Discord is a proprietary freeware VoIP application and digital
distribution platform designed for video gaming communities..."

I like the idea of non devs having some insight about what is going on
(though we do have github itself, and gitter [1]), and which makes me
wonder how many communication channels we want to serve), and if it
would not be more appropriate to use some FOSS tool for this?

Can you tell us a little more about your plans?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

[0] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discord_(software)
[1] https://gitter.im/qgis/QGIS