[QGIS-Developer] Empty or NULL geometry when deleting vertices and sub parts?

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Wed May 29 03:17:14 PDT 2019

Hi all,
I'm raising this again, I have opposite opinions regarding what should be
the best behavior when deleting parts of a geometry vs deleting all
vertices. We need to choose EMPTY geometry or NULL geometry. My personal
choice goes to NULL, because I think very few users know about it and test
EMPTY geometries, when it does not seem to provide additional feature than
NULL, at last for spatial database formats.
Any opinion?
Régis