[QGIS-Developer] Issues in Feedback state & auto-closing issues

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu May 30 15:10:28 PDT 2019

On Wed, 29 May 2019 at 22:32, Martin Dobias <wonder.sk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Thanks again for all the efforts to migrate tickets to github - having
> a single platform makes things easier.
>
> Going through some of the tickets, I realize we have lots of tickets
> in feedback state (nearly 400 at this point). My feeling is that
> there's relatively small chance of getting feedback to most of those,
> especially now after the migration when many of the original authors
> will not get a ping anymore if their username was not matched to
> github username.
>
> A related topic is automatic closing of issues in feedback state older
> than X months. I assume our current integration with probot-stale will
> now also affect issues, not just pull requests, so after 14 days all
> the newly imported tickets presumably get a warning message (which is
> currently very PR specific)...? Ideally it should be possible to have
> stale bot use different rules and messages for issues and pull
> requests - anyone knows how to do that?

I'd like to see the stale bot used for ALL issues too eventually - but
the timeout could be much longer for these than for pull requests.
E.g. 1 month for issues with the feedback flag, 3 months for
non-feedback flagged issues (with the stale message prompting them to
test on the latest release). We'd need to set the bot to skip any
issues filed by the qgib bot for the reasons you outlined above.

And then for feature requests, I'd love to see stale bot posting a
message hinting to the reporter that the work could be sponsored, and
adding a gdal-style "needs funding" label automatically. We could
safely bulk-apply this to all open feature requests (including qgip
filed ones) older than say 1 or 2 months (we'd want to keep the
timeout short enough that the original poster doesn't just move on).

How's that sound?

Nyall