[QGIS-Developer] Issues in Feedback state & auto-closing issues

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Fri May 31 01:00:13 PDT 2019

Hi Nyall

On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 12:10 AM Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to see the stale bot used for ALL issues too eventually - but
> the timeout could be much longer for these than for pull requests.
> E.g. 1 month for issues with the feedback flag, 3 months for
> non-feedback flagged issues (with the stale message prompting them to
> test on the latest release). We'd need to set the bot to skip any
> issues filed by the qgib bot for the reasons you outlined above.

Yeah that makes sense. For non-feedback issues I would even suggest ~6
months since 3 months is not even a full development cycle. My main
concern was whether this is possible at all with the current state of
probot-stale to have different rules for issues and pull requests (or
even different rules for different labels of issues).

> And then for feature requests, I'd love to see stale bot posting a
> message hinting to the reporter that the work could be sponsored, and
> adding a gdal-style "needs funding" label automatically. We could
> safely bulk-apply this to all open feature requests (including qgip
> filed ones) older than say 1 or 2 months (we'd want to keep the
> timeout short enough that the original poster doesn't just move on).

Not sure how I like automatic addition of "needs funding" label. If
someone has a good idea and just wants to share it with others, adding
this label may deter people from adding more feature requests...?

Cheers
Martin