[QGIS-Developer] QGIS server and metadata

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 05:09:42 PST 2019

Hi,
usually I use an external tool to harvest QGIS projects and create ISO / DC
metadata and push them through CWST to the catalog that is available.

Talend metadatacrawler allows this easily.  Having this embedded into QGIS
could help indeed. I would very much like the ability to handle metadata
templates so that administrator can configure most fields and let users
deal with the essential ones.  Having the ability to convert from
Dublin-core to FDGC / ISO / INSPIRE is also necessary to me. Users tend to
use Dublin core, but legal infrastructure require more advanced formats
like ISO. Moreover, creating a UI to edit the hierarchical XML structure of
ISO is quite a nightmare, and I would avoid trying to reproduce in QGIS
what took years to achieve in Geonetwork.

long story short :
+1 for editing in Dublin core, add ISO / FDGC templates and features to
export / commit via CSW-T more advanced formats. -1 to try to reimplement
one edit form per metadata format.

Cheers
Régis