[QGIS-Developer] QGIS crash on adding data

Jorge Gustavo Rocha jgr at di.uminho.pt
Tue Nov 12 16:02:16 PST 2019

Hi Eugenio,

If you were able to compile QGIS, that is fantastic. Not everybody is
able to do so.

Can you run it from the command line and see why it crashes?

You can rebuild it again with -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug to make sure all
the debug information is printed on the command line. If it is nor
enough, install valgrind and use it to run QGIS. Sometimes is really
necessary to use valgrind.

Meanwhile, can you open QGIS and report back your settings? You can use
QGIS Python console, and write down on the console:
QgsApplication.showSettings()

I just want to make sure you are not running QGIS with strange PATH
settings. It should return something like:

QgsApplication.showSettings()
'Application state:\nQGIS_PREFIX_PATH env
var:\t\t\nPrefix:\t\t/usr\nPlugin
Path:\t\t/usr/lib/qgis/plugins\nPackage Data
Path:\t/usr/share/qgis\nActive Theme Name:\tdefault\nActive Theme
Path:\t/usr/share/qgis/resources/themes/default/icons/\nDefault Theme
Path:\t:/images/themes/default/\nSVG Search
Paths:\t/home/jgr/dev/cpp/build-QGIS/output/data/svg/\n\t\t/home/jgr/.local/share/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles/espinho/svg/\n\t\t/svg/\n\t\t/usr/share/qgis/svg/\nUser
DB Path:\t/usr/share/qgis/resources/qgis.db\nAuth DB
Path:\t/home/jgr/.local/share/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles/espinho/qgis-auth.db\n'

Regards,

Jorge

Às 13:52 de 12/11/19, Eugenio Trumpy escreveu:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a critical issue with QGIS since I updated ubuntu to the 19.10
> version.
> I have already written in the other mailing list without any answer.
>
> After to have launched QGIS if I click on the manager of source data and
> choose vector or raster
> when I click on the 3 points button to browse the file system and choose
> the datasets QGIS crashes
> together with all the ubuntu open windows.
>
> I experienced this problem with 3 different version of QGIS:
>
>   * the 3.4 LTS from ubuntu repo
>   * the 3.10 from https://qgis.org/ubuntu repo
>   * the master version compiled from source
>
> Has this happened to anyone else?
> Any hint? or suggestion?
>
> regards
>
> Eugenio