[QGIS-Developer] LTR management [was Re: Delaying 3.10.1?]

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sat Nov 23 08:54:33 PST 2019

On samedi 23 novembre 2019 17:44:15 CET Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
> Hi Even,
>
> On Sat, 23. Nov 2019 at 17:36:52 +0100, Even Rouault wrote:
> > But for the future, I can imagine we could have:
> > qgis3_10 depending on gdal3 (or possibly even gdal3_0 ?) and proj6 and
> > qt_whatever_we_use_currently
> > And qgis3_12 could decide to upgrade one of its dependencies without
> > impacting qgis3_10.
>
> Yes, that's the route I might have followed if 3.4 didn't (claim to) support
> PROJ 6.

Actually, I *think* that QGIS 3.4 + GDAL 2.4 + PROJ 6 would probably work OK,
because QGIS 3.4 would still use the legacy proj_api.h. The issue was more
related to the upgrade to GDAL 3 changing how PROJ.4 strings are exported, and
thus in practice requiring QGIS to be updated to use the new proj.h 6 API.

http://www.spatialys.com