[QGIS-Developer] crssync.exe crash during QGIS build

Thomas Baumann rdbath.regiodata at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 00:50:37 PST 2019

Hi Devs,
I managed to build QGIS under linux and windows with QTCreator.
What still doesn't work is building QGIS with visual developer.

I followed instructions like
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/INSTALL#L423
https://www.shaeffer.co/compiling-qgis-with-visual-studio/
https://www.cursosgis.com/compilar-y-debuggear-qgis-en-windows/

but everytime I try to build QGIS within Visual Developer crssync.exe
crashes and when I try to start the debugger I get the error message that
qgis_app.dll is missing even if the file is in the folder where qgis.exe is
also located:
C:\Projects\QGIS\ms-windows\osgeo4w\build-qgis-test-x86_64\output\bin\RelWithDebInfo

Does someone know how to find out what is causing the problem?

I rebuilt qgis_app, qgis_core and crssync separately within visual
developer. All of them succeeded but the ALL_Build/Debugging still doesn't
work.

---
Problemsignatur:
  Problemereignisname: APPCRASH
  Anwendungsname: crssync.exe
  Anwendungsversion: 0.0.0.0
  Anwendungszeitstempel: 5ddb8f23
  Fehlermodulname: qgis_core.dll
  Fehlermodulversion: 6.3.9600.19464
  Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 5d6727f2
  Ausnahmecode: c0000135
  Ausnahmeoffset: 00000000000ecf30
  Betriebsystemversion: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.272.7

regards,
Thomas