[QGIS-Developer] Temporary folders for processing

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Nov 25 01:52:51 PST 2019

Hi,

I would like to know where the temporary files of QGIS processing are
stored? I know that there is a setting for default output files
(defaults on Windows to
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\QGIS\QGIS3\profiles\profilename\processing\outputs
- but is this really the same location where also temporary files that
are needed during the processing are stored?

Our issues is that several users share Windows servers and the C
partition is only 80GB in size. If 5-10 users are sharing one Windows
server, we fear that our C drive is filled really quickly.

Can we set another temporary drive/folder than
"C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\QGIS\QGIS3\profiles\profilename\processing\outputs"
? If yes, where do I find this setting?

Thank you for your help,

Andreas