[QGIS-Developer] Copyright in a plugin?or idea?

Fran Raga franka1986 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 06:17:55 PDT 2019

Completely in agreement with you.

Maybe it's my way of seeing things, I always like to put the source, the
idea, or code that I have taken from other sites. For example the styles in
the Load Qss plugin is the reference to FreeCad and for example in other
projects the classes or code taken from others is in the header a
reference. I always leave a reference to the "original" or so I think.
https://github.com/All4Gis/QGISFMV/blob/master/code/geo/mgrs.py

It is clear that we all take ideas from some place or if something occurs
to us then we implement it and say that we have been the "first".

>> but the original idea is mine

About this I mean that it was the first "public" option, sure that many
people had already done it and had it, but not public. The idea is not
mine, is QT if it has to be someone's.

That's free software, but it's annoying when you spend time (without
charging as many people and passion for free software and QGIS) or you come
up with something new and someone later does the same thing and not even
mention you, if I think out of respect for your work. It's frustrating.

I guess it's just things that happen and it's not the first time it's
happened or the last time.

Greetings

*Francisco Raga** | *Full-Stack Open Source GIS Developer

Móvil: (+34) 654275432* | *e-Mail: franka1986 at gmail.com *| *skype:
francisco_raga
Github: https://goo.gl/ydNTjY *| *Linkedin: https://goo.gl/TCfj8S *| *Site:
https://goo.gl/qiypDj

"La vida real no tiene ningún mapa.."  Ivy Compton Burnett