[QGIS-Developer] Copyright in a plugin?or idea?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Oct 4 00:01:35 PDT 2019

Hola Francisco,

On 02/10/19 13:56, Fran Raga wrote:
> ____

> Recently I found out about this
> plugin https://github.com/qgist/toolbargenerator, which was presented in
> the FOSS4G 2019 Bucharest. What surprised me is that this plugin has
> EXACTLY the same functionality as mine, implemented for QGIS
> 3  https://github.com/All4Gis/CustomToolBar , which I developed without
> any funding.____
thanks for pointing this out. I understand your frustration, but I think
these things are more or less unavoidable, and in the long term are not
a serious issue - time will select the best solutions.
from a different point of view, we would really like not to have
duplication in our plugin list, as th; I regularly ask in this case to
seriously evaluate the opportunity for a merge. Could this apply also here?
Cheers, and thanks for sharing.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair: