[QGIS-Developer] "Needs sponsor" label? (again)

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Sat Oct 5 00:28:37 PDT 2019

Hi everyone

On 10/5/19 7:02 AM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

>> My original thinking was that we would use this tag for tickets which
>> require extensive development (e.g. weeks of development), and
>> accordingly are extremely unlikely to happen on a solely volunteer
>> basis.
> this makes sense. Perhaps better advertizing one of these tickets as
> soon as one dev is interested and available to fix it?

I think there is still a missing link from an issue to how to proceed if
one wants to have it resolved.

For an average visitor it might appear as "It has been registered in the
tracker, it will eventually be resolved", presumably by pure magic ;)

What would be good is instructions on the possibilities to get things
done well visible there. Something like a "Help us fix this issue"
button just next to the issue discussion.

Matthias