[QGIS-Developer] PyQGIS unavailable at QGIS startup time on OSGeo4W

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Mon Oct 7 03:34:03 PDT 2019

Hi Eric,

On Wed, 02. Oct 2019 at 14:10:29 +0200, Eric Lemoine wrote:
> > Not sure why PYQGIS_STARTUP is used that early.  The python path is
> > added shortly after it was referenced:

> > https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/python/qgspythonutilsimpl.cpp#L98

> Yep saw that. And I was wondering too.

> > So other platforms should have the same issue.
>
> Except that there's no probleme on Linux, because PyQGIS is installed
> globally in the main Python environment.

We probably wouldn't if we would install multiple versions…

> So Jürgen, would you suggest to change the QGIS code?

4c1b95ba9ee0d5f0e4c9664bd293003ef280ba31 suggests that it's intentionally that
way - so that should probably stay as is.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden            https://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode