[QGIS-Developer] python3-autopep8 not available on Bionic distribution

Jorge Gustavo Rocha jgr at di.uminho.pt
Wed Oct 9 03:33:23 PDT 2019

Hi Alex,

It is not easy to have the INSTALL file always updated, for so many
different platforms.

If you really want to provide the detailed build instructions for Ubuntu
18.04, it is better to look at .docker folder in QGIS repository. In
particular, .docker/qgis3-build-deps.dockerfile will have all updated
dependencies and how to install them. This runs every time someone
submit a PR or adds a commit to an open PR. These files are always
updated. It not, our continuous integration fails.

I think the best option is to add a pointer in the INSTALL file to this
information. Something like:

"Please check .docker/qgis3-build-deps.dockerfile for updated
dependencies and .docker/qgis.dockerfile for detailed build instructions
for Ubuntu."

What do you think?

Best regards,

Jorge

Às 14:56 de 08/10/19, Alexandre Neto escreveu:
> Olá Jorge,
>
> I think it worked.
>
> Should we change the INSTALL file?
>
> Alexandre Neto
>
> On Tue, Oct 8, 2019 at 2:03 PM Jorge Gustavo Rocha <jgr at di.uminho.pt
> <mailto:jgr at di.uminho.pt>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Alex,
>
>     Try:
>     sudo -H /usr/local/bin/pip3 install autopep8
>
>     Regards,
>
>     Jorge Gustavo
>
>     Às 13:58 de 08/10/19, Alexandre Neto escreveu:
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > I am trying to compile QGIS in Ubuntu 18.04 and I am installing the
>     > build dependencies following the instructions on the INSTALL file.
>     >
>     > It seems that python3-autopep8 is not available.
>     >
>     > Any suggestions?
>     >
>     > Alexandre Neto