[QGIS-Developer] 3.10 hard freeze?

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Mon Oct 14 02:34:50 PDT 2019

Dnia poniedziałek, 14 października 2019 07:32:52 CEST Denis Rouzaud pisze:
> Hi all,
>
> I had a PR tagged as frozen this morning.
> I guess this is related to the concept of hard freeze. Can someone give
> more information on soft vs hard freeze? Any what is accepted to be merged?

"Two weeks before the release a hard freeze is initiated, after which only
fixes to severe problems and regressions introduced after the feature freeze
are allowed in." - I found it accidentally in [1] this weekend and postponed
my PR for 3.10.1, apparently opening a Pandora's box...

Now after Régis' email I see there is a number of much more important fixes
waiting for a merge. That rule also stated "The release manager announces this
on feature freeze", what wasn't fulfilled. I'm not sure if all those PRs can
be merged into 3.10.1, or should be rather considered new features? In the
former case I wouldn't postpone all the release schedule, but if the latter,
that unexpected freeze should be IMHO thoroughly reconsidered.

Regards,
Borys

[1] https://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/development/roadmap.html#feature-freeze