[QGIS-Developer] Locator search results - double click vs. single click

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Oct 15 00:22:25 PDT 2019

Hi,

We just had a Locator plugin developed for our organization. During beta
testing it, my users asked why they have to "double-click" instead of
"single-click" on a search result in order to get the chosen search
result.

For now I said them that QGIS core does it like this and that Plugins
cannot or should not change this behaviour.

But why is QGIS core using double click instead of single click? I guess
there might be a reason ... Could you please fill me in about the
reason?

Thanks,

Andreas