[QGIS-Developer] Locator search results - double click vs. single click

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 15:47:00 PDT 2019

On Tue, 15 Oct 2019 at 18:34, Denis Rouzaud <denis.rouzaud at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> The locator widget result is a tree view. Results are triggered when the item is activated.
> From Qt doc [0], activation depends on the platform (single vs double click).
>
> We could change this to use clicked (actually clicked+entered) instead.
>
> I don't know why it was built like this at first, let's wait for Nyall's input.

I don't think there was any particular motivation behind the
double-click interaction. I was mostly trying to reproduce exactly how
Qt creator's locator worked, so that's likely what drove that
decision.

That said, we'd need to ensure we don't break keyboard only
interaction by a move away from the double-click activation.

Nyall