[QGIS-Developer] QGIS projects - can they be licensed and/or copyrighted ?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Oct 30 06:33:20 PDT 2019

> > A very small nibble: What about python code embedded in the project ?
>
> That is a good question where I don't know the answer. It might be
> subject to the GPL license - but not sure. I would be interested to hear
> other people's opinion on this particular case.

Huh, that becomes involved... In all logic, conveying code through a .py file
or a .qgz doesn't change the fact that it is code, so I'd expect licensing
rules to also apply to it. So if that Python code uses QGIS API, it is
probably to be under the GPL (but that only affects those code snippets, not
the rest of the project).

http://www.spatialys.com