[QGIS-Developer] Installing qgis custom widgets in designer from development build

Chris Crook ccrook at linz.govt.nz
Tue Sep 10 14:33:44 PDT 2019

Hi all

I'm still having problems installing the custom widgets into designer on ubuntu 18.04.  I've run make  and make install, and copied the custom widgets .so with

sudo cp libqgis_customwidgets.so.3.9.0 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/designer/libqgis_customwidgets.so

It is being found, in that when designer starts it now dies :-(  I think the problem is that it is not finding qgis.db, though there are other errors along the way.  Output when starting up is listed below.  QGIS itself starts up normally.

Still desperate for ideas!!!

Thanks
Chris

QMetaProperty::read: Unable to handle unregistered datatype 'DocumentViewerContent' for property 'QgsExternalResourceWidget::documentViewerContent'
QMetaProperty::read: Unable to handle unregistered datatype 'QgsFileWidget::RelativeStorage' for property 'QgsExternalResourceWidget::relativeStorage'
QMetaProperty::read: Unable to handle unregistered datatype 'QgsFieldProxyModel::Filters' for property 'QgsFieldComboBox::filters'
QMetaProperty::read: Unable to handle unregistered datatype 'QgsFieldProxyModel::Filters' for property 'QgsFieldExpressionWidget::filters'
QMetaProperty::read: Unable to handle unregistered datatype 'StorageMode' for property 'QgsFileWidget::storageMode'
QMetaProperty::read: Unable to handle unregistered datatype 'RelativeStorage' for property 'QgsFileWidget::relativeStorage'
QMetaProperty::read: Unable to handle unregistered datatype 'QgsTextFormat' for property 'QgsFontButton::textFormat'
QMetaProperty::read: Unable to handle unregistered datatype 'QgsMapLayerProxyModel::Filters' for property 'QgsMapLayerComboBox::filters'
src/gui/qgsproviderguiregistry.cpp:94 : (loadDynamicProviders) [57ms] Checking . for GUI provider plugins
src/gui/qgsproviderguiregistry.cpp:98 : (loadDynamicProviders) [0ms] No dynamic QGIS GUI provider plugins found in:
.

src/gui/qgsgui.cpp:123 : (enableAutoGeometryRestore) [1ms] WARNING: No object name set. Best for it to be set objectName when using QgsGui::enableAutoGeometryRestore
src/core/qgscoordinatereferencesystem.cpp:1221 : (getRecord) [6ms] user qgis.db not found
src/core/qgscoordinatereferencesystem.cpp:1221 : (getRecord) [6ms] user qgis.db not found
ASSERT: "sc" in file /qgis/src/gui/attributetable/qgsdualview.cpp, line 76
Aborted (core dumped)
sudo cp libqgis_customwidgets.so.3.9.0 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/designer/libqgis_customwidgets.so