[QGIS-Developer] upload non-english plugin into official repository

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Sep 12 09:10:18 PDT 2019

Hi Martin,

On 12/09/19 18:04, Martin Landa wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to ask whether is it possible to upload into official
> plugin repository a plugin without English localization and
> documentation. I recently found out that one Polish-only plugin has
> been approved. There are few Czech-only plugins developed under my
> supervision which could be uploaded. I haven't asked since I thought
> that English localization + documentation is required.

as a general rule plugins should be in English and if possible
translatable. There are a few exceptions, especially for plugin useful
to access local data, where it makes sense to have a local language.
What we are always asking is at least an English description, to allow
users to decide whether a plugin could fit their needs, or perhaps is
worth investigating the code for a similar problem.
Cheers.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair: