[QGIS-Developer] Plugin version number

Raymond Nijssen r.nijssen at terglobo.nl
Fri Sep 13 01:51:18 PDT 2019

Hi Paul,

I do not think it is supported now, but a workaround could be:

- Add a variable 'version' with the plugin version number to your plugin
class.

- Then do:
qgis.utils.plugins['your plugin name'].version

You could even write a version() function that reads the version number
from the metadata.txt to prevent redundancy.

I wonder if there is another way though..

Kind regards,
Raymond