[QGIS-Developer] Performance issues while loading a big QGIS project

Bo Victor Thomsen bo.victor.thomsen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 23:54:59 PDT 2019

That's a bloody huge project...

I can't fathom you need all these layers at once.

You could try to split the project in a "base" project with a minimum
set of layers and split the rest in of the layers/groups into a number
of qlr files.

And use the "QLR Browser" plugin to load/unload the different qlr files
as you need them.

I personally think this method is better than using other plugins with
similar functionality and certainly is better than loading 1080 layers
at once.

The QLR browser plugin is used in a number of Danish municipalities
which typically uses a very large number of layers in their daily use of
QGIS.

--

Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards

Bo Victor Thomsen