[QGIS-Developer] Failing to install QGIS-dev/nightly with osgeo4w:

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Apr 12 05:41:02 PDT 2020

Hi,

I'm failing to install QGIS-nightly through osgeo4w64 on my Windooz VM

downloaded a fresh osgeo4w-setup-x86_64

Using norbit repo I started of by installing qgis-dev (and because that
failed earlier, I started of with a clean sheet, and also added
qgis-dev-pdb)

Installed all in c:\OSGeo4W64 dir

Using 'advanced' install I ticked the following from the Desktop group:

qgis-dev 3.13.0-26
qgis-dev-pdb 3.13.0-25

After this installation I open the osgeo4w terminal and with 'o-help' I
see there is a 'qgis-dev-bin' command.

Calling that shows: Oops.... Could not load qgis_app.dll
Check C:\..\bin\qgis-dev-bin.env for correct env paths

There IS a qgis_app.dll:

c:\OSGeo4W64\apps\qgis-dev\bin\qgis_app.dll

But NOT the env file, there is a tmpl file though:

c:\OSGeo4W64\bin\qgis-dev.bat.tmpl

Ah... copying that and saving to qgis-dev.bat, then run it works!
Ah, now also running 'qgis-dev-bin' works.

So, is there a step missing? If I just install qgis-dev?
Or should  I call another script (first)?

I also tried to install Package 'qgis-full-dev', but that one shows
version number 2.99.0-2 ?

Anyway, I do have a working nightly now
(https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/7a9c3c621a)

But thought to let others now.