[QGIS-Developer] QGIS unstable on debian testing

uclaros uclaros at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 05:42:27 PDT 2020

Thanks fro the suggestion,
it is not a plugin issue, nor profile related. I could replicate on a clean
VM, fresh debian install apt upgrade to testing.
The strange thing is the freezes can't be reproduced at will so debugging is
difficult. Sometimes it happens right away, sometimes it takes a couple of
minutes of zoom/pan/vertex editing. They always seem to be related with
rendering. Sometimes, while moving vertices with the vertex tool, rendering
of all layers stop so I'm left with a white screen and the rubberbands of
the modified layer. Moving the mouse to a new feature updates the
rubberbands. Then the complete freeze is triggered by hovering over a vertex
circle mark.

The only way I could 100% reliably reproduce a crash was by opening a
project and selecting "keep unavailable layers" on missing oracle layers.
QGIS always crashes then, but since the debian build is without oracle
support this might be a different unrelated crash.

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-Developer-f4099106.html