[QGIS-Developer] QSqlTableModel not working with PostgreSQL 12

Arnaud Morvan arnaud.morvan at camptocamp.com
Thu Dec 10 06:40:31 PST 2020

Hello,

Seems support for PostgreSQL 12 has been added to QtSQL 5.14 :
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/277205

Concerning Ubuntu, seems Qt 5.14 is available in Ubuntu groovy 20.10,
but for dev purpose we could always find a workaround.

On the other hand, final users mostly use QGIS on Windows, some of them
use plugins base on QtSQL and this is blocking them from upgrading to
PostgreSQL 12.

I have no visibility on the available Qt version in next QGIS version
for Windows.

Is it possible we get Qt >= 5.14 in next QGIS version for Windows ?

Arnaud Morvan
Ingénieur logiciel
Tél: +33 (0)4 58 48 20 32

Camptocamp France SAS