[QGIS-Developer] skip some dialogs?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Dec 16 03:03:17 PST 2020

Hi Devs,

Currently I'm creating some algorithm (web based) which creates a (multigeom typed) geojson in my /tmp dir.
To quickly check the result I want QGIS to start up and show me the result,
AND I want to be able to quickly stop QGIS.

Two dialogs now are in my way:
1) QGIS always stops and asks me which 2 or 3 types (of layers) I want to load from the geojson: ALL
2) when quitting QGIS always asks me 'there are files in the /tmp dir, are you sure....' YES

So I would be very happy if I could have(create) two booleans:

- ask_for_specific_sublayers (defaulting to True (current behaviour), but optionally False)
- ask_for_tmp_files (defaulting to True (current behaviour), but optionally False)

Easiest maybe would be to create those as Settings params (so only settable via the Advanced tab)?

Questions:
- would this be helpful for others? Then maybe add it as user option in the Options dialog?
- am I missing an option (which is already there)
- anybody seeing any problems (for me in implementation)?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde