[QGIS-Developer] GdalUtils in recent QGIS versions

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 22:59:18 PST 2020

On Mon, 21 Dec 2020 at 16:56, matteo <matteo.ghetta at gmail.com> wrote:

> > issue aside, you really shouldn't be relying on this class in any 3rd
> > party code. It's private Processing api, and could be removed or
> > changed at any time.
>
> yep that's exactly where I'm using it. I'm developing some Processing
> scripts (as a plugin) and I discovered this bug when using the
> Processing plugin in 3.10 and master

That's still abusing private api though -- the ONLY code which should
be importing and using this module is stuff which resides in QGIS
master.

If you find it useful, you should copy this class inside your plugin
and always use your internal copy, so that you're not risking breakage
if the api of that class is ever changed in future releases.