[QGIS-Developer] stale bot :-(

Karsten Tebling tebling at masuch.de
Tue Dec 22 06:08:18 PST 2020

Hello,

could you tell me what is considered weed? In most cases I can't provide
sample data because I do not own the data or a coworker had the crash
and "only" saved the report details.

In the "QGIS unexpectedly ended"-dialog it reads "You can also send us a
helpful bug report using the Copy Report button and opening a ticket at
QGIS Issue Tracker." - the thing is, the "copy report"-button only
activates after some text is inserted into "Tell us something about when
you got the crash" and without knowing that, you just assume the "copy
report"-button is broken too and close the dialog. In addition some of
my workmates can't even read english, they just close the dialog
immediately. I also noticed that one of my reports was closed because I
only posted the stacktrace and a short sentence about what my coworker
was roughly doing as far as he could remember and I couldn't provide
sample data. So I guess posting the stack trace and a short explanation
is considered weed and not a "helpful bug report"?

Could you add more information to the "QGIS unexpectedly ended"-dialog,
so it is easier for you to pinpoint the issue without having the user to
create sample data, a sample project, a new user profile? That would be
my wish for christmas.

greetz

Karsten