[QGIS-Developer] Compliments

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Tue Feb 11 00:25:36 PST 2020

Hi Patrick

So great to hear about your successful project! Please share a link to your work and even consider writing up a case study for our web site:

https://www.qgis.org/en/site/about/case_studies/index.html <https://www.qgis.org/en/site/about/case_studies/index.html>

We always love seeing how people put QGIS to use in the real world.

As for conflict, well none of us seem to remember it and I like to think that we have long memories for happy times in the project and short memories for less than perfect times :-)

Best regards

Tim

> On 10 Feb 2020, at 12:50, Nathan Woodrow <madmanwoo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hey Patrick,
>
> Thanks for the kind words.  Great to see you are able to use it make something worthwhile for yourself and others to enjoy.    Do you have a link to the maps so we can share them out?
>
> I'm not sure what conflicts you refer to but I am assuming it was with good intentions and maybe out of some frustration which we can all run up again at times.
>
> Regards,
> Nathan
>
> On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 10:44 PM Patrick Dunford <enzedrailmaps at gmail.com <mailto:enzedrailmaps at gmail.com>> wrote:
> Good day to all
>
> I wish to record my overwhelming gratitude to this software project as I
> have been a user of this software QGIS over the past 8 years since
> version 1.8. During that period I have been working on developing
> historical hobby maps covering a large part of the country of New
> Zealand and making extensive use of freely downloadable map resources
> which are available there.
>
> I have just completed the first volume of a series, containing just over
> 1000 individual maps which are published online for free access. Each of
> those maps has to be individually generated and checked from the layout
> composer. There are still another 11 volumes of a similar size to be
> produced in the series which should take roughly 11 months (for the rest
> of this year).
>
> None of this could have been achieved without the use of the Qgis
> software and I must especially record my appreciation that it is free
> software as this project could not have happened at all a few years ago
> considering the large volume of resources involved and the expense all
> round that would have been incurred given the commercial value of all
> the resources (my personal income at present being less than NZ$20,000 pa).
>
> It has been of considerable personal regret to me that a certain level
> of conflict did arise during the period that I was using the 2.99
> development edition of the software and I hope it will be possible for
> developers to accept this apology for those situations. Unfortunately I
> do not have the time these days to run the development edition for
> testing and have yet to master the new bug reporting system so you have
> not heard from me in a while anyways.

—

Tim Sutton

Co-founder: Kartoza