[QGIS-Developer] QGIS 3.12 -- please stick to stable proj 6 releases!

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 15:03:24 PST 2020

Hi list (especially Jürgen),

Can we please ensure that the upcoming QGIS 3.12 and 3.10.3 releases
use the stable PROJ 6.3.1 release, and not the 7.0 release (that's
assuming that the final proj 7.0 release is out before the QGIS
releases).

https://github.com/OSGeo/PROJ/issues/1942 is a serious regression for
QGIS users, and we **need** to get some QGIS releases out with stable
projection handling. (I suggest we stick with the 6.x versions until
PROJ 7.1 or later, and then re-investigating whether the timing is
appropriate to upgrade QGIS windows builds to proj v7).

(I realise the qgis-dev releases use proj-dev, which I think is fine
(and actually useful to get wider testing/feedback on the newer proj
releases). It's only the stable QGIS releases I'm concerned about)

Nyall