[QGIS-Developer] Error due to possible Qgis dependency

Pedro Peixoto pedropeixoto at psr-inc.com
Wed Jan 15 13:50:19 PST 2020

To the Qgis developer community,

I am part of a team that develops a standalone software for Windows that
encountered a critical error involving the Qgis software.
The software, called "Hera", is developed in Python and currently uses
PyQgis. The problem is that Hera works on all computers that have Qgis
installed, but only on some computers that don't have Qgist installed.
While trying to install it in a computer that has never had Qgis installed,
a critical error is given when we try to open the now installed program.
The error message displayed is as follows: "Failed to execute script Hera"
(as can be seen in the image, available in the link below). Every
dependency that I could think of that could influence the installation was
previously installed, such as all the possible Microsoft visual studio C++
packages, as listed below:
- Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2008, 2013, 2015,
2017 and 2019.
To test that the problem was truly due to the lack of some missing Qgis
dependency, we created a machine on the AWS Amazon server and tried to
install the software, as well as the  Microsoft visual studio C++ packages
and the previously mentioned error was given. Only after installing Qgis on
the machine was the Hera program successfully launched. However, after
uninstalling Qgis on the same machine, the Hera program continued to run
successfully, indicating to us that the source of the problem might be
because of some dependency or configuration that Qgis does while
installing.
Since PyQgis does not offer some kind of logging or error message showing
the user whats could possibly be missing, I was wondering if anyone could
offer me some insight into what it might be. I appreciate the help, thank
you.

Link to the error message image:
http://psr.me/1ayvzfn

--