[QGIS-Developer] Symbology: multiple simple marker symbols are not correctly aligned on top of each other

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Jul 3 07:27:32 PDT 2020

Hi,

Here is something that bothered me already for many years in QGIS and I
think it might be a long standing issue in QGIS symbology:

When you place two simple markers on top of each other (without any
offset), f.e. two circle symbols on top of each other, they are not
correctly aligned/centered on top of each other: The alignment is a tiny
bit off, but it looks ugly and it annoys me a lot.

The misalignment is not only in the preview dialogue but also visible in
the map rendering.

In the symbol preview dialog there is a second annoying thing: strokes
in the preview are often clipped away, as you can see in the dialog
above

Can we do something about it these two annoying issues?

Thanks for helping me solve this issue!

Andreas