[QGIS-Developer] Removal of PostGISExecuteSQL.py in 3.14

Etienne Trimaille etienne.trimaille at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 09:02:43 PDT 2020

Le lun. 13 juil. 2020 à 15:59, Nils Nolde <nilsnolde at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I just realized that the processing algo PostGISExecuteSQL.py was
> removed for the 3.14 release.

The algorithm has been ported to C++, so yes the python version has been
removed.
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/analysis/processing/qgsalgorithmexecutepostgisquery.cpp
Even calling it from Python will work using the old previous Python
processing provider because the compatibility is maintained.

> Some time after processing.tools.postgis
> module was removed (as the only module using it was PostGISExecuteSQL,
> but still, it's a public API protected by backwards compatibility right?)

Code in plugins (such as Processing or DB Manager) is not considered stable.
You should use the public API, when it's starting with "from qgis." core,
gui, analysis, processing etc
You should use the new database API.