[QGIS-Developer] GeoPackage - where are we -where do we go

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Jun 2 07:18:41 PDT 2020

On mardi 2 juin 2020 15:58:38 CEST Olivier Dalang wrote:
> Hi !
>
> About WAL related issues :
>
> I just tried to reproduce the original issue that lead to using WAL on
> local files (https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/23283) but could not
> reproduce it (recent master, Windows 10). Does the issue still exist
> on other platforms ? (this can be tested by changing the
> QgsSetting qgis/walForSqlite3 to false and following the steps in the
> issue).

Did you also try running the tests that were added per
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/b6b8759efbeb833d0d3dbf6df008087701361ad3
with WAL disabled ?

To reproduce the issue, you might need a sufficiently large GeoPackage file so that redraw
time is not too instant and/or possible move quickly your map just before validating an edit
so that a redraw is in progress while changes are committed to the database.
I have unfortunately no memories of if/how I reproduced the issue. Perhaps I just came with
the unit tests first.

http://www.spatialys.com